Copyright Protection

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Infringement Search Tool All content, including text and original photos are copyrighted and are property of the blog author, Julie Johnson

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mystery Quilt Block 2: Alex's Star

I am enjoying the "reveal" of Eleanor Burn's mystery quilt block party--a new one each month for six months. I've never done a mystery quilt before, so I find it a little scary to commit to the fabrics, but committed I am now! I like some of the techniques that Eleanor teaches and she's been quilting for years.

Here's the new star I made for February, named after her special guest Alex Anderson:
 
I made 8 of these which were then joined to either side of January's stars named after special guest Marianne Fons. I'm excited to find out what the next star will be which will be revealed March 11.

Have you ever participated in a mystery quilt? Was it hard for you to wait and to select fabrics, too?



WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedHappy WIP Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. I've never tried a BOM or a mystery quilt - I think I'm too much of a control freak. Or maybe I have too many unfinished things that I feel guilty joining up for something else! I'm glad you're happy with your fabrics - and hope you enjoy your mystery tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to expand my horizons and try this block :)
    So pretty.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete