Copyright Protection

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Infringement Search Tool All content, including text and original photos are copyrighted and are property of the blog author, Julie Johnson

Friday, November 22, 2013

Newly listed on Etsy: Handmade Black & White Quilted "Picket Fence" Table Runner

I like this design because the stars really shine in the 3 sections, especially when using fabrics with high contrast. It's difficult to photograph so that it doesn't look washed out (or like blah black & white photos). In person, it's bright!



I chose a charm pack from a quilt shop featuring black and white fabrics with bits of yellow/gold here and there (see posting on Nov. 15, though those fabrics are the leftovers). I had to augmented the group with a few others. Then I needed fabric for the back and binding (an excuse to go to the quilt shop, yeah!). I machine quilted with a 1/4" outline in white cotton thread.

back view
I look forward to making more of this pattern in the future, and like I said, I hope to publish the pattern, too! Let me know if you're interested. I'll notify you when its done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment